Saturday, September 17, 2011

I love Butterflies.

Buckeye Butterfly (c) heh

One of the many great things about working at a nursery: butterflies.
I literally see hundreds within a month!
(or maybe the same regulars, over & again...?)

So, while pruning the flowering bushes at work, I've often seen buckeyes, black swallowtails, tiger swallowtails, monarchs, viceroys, cabbage whites (white & yellow), brown skippers, commas, questions marks (and yes those are butterflies!), as well as painted ladies, and admirals!

 This is to say nothing of all the millions of little bees, bugs, flies, and moths hovering about too!

But butterflies really do make me smile. :)
They remind me that God cares about even the smallest,
most vulnerable things, like butterflies, you and me.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Yes, that's true! I like butterflies very much too...because they are so beautiful and peaceful. You never hear the butterfly making noise or disturbing you! They fly around and make you smile ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that thing about them too: their quietness. Mm, that is a nice thing about them. :) Calm, pretty little butterflies! Flying around, making us happy in tiny ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think about the quietness factor either! No wonder butterflies are so nice - little splashes of color with no toll taken on the eardrums :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butterflies too. When I was in the university I've been taught a course how to recognise them with their latin nanes..it was the most interesting course at that time!
    Come and visit my blog and if you like it then why dont why follow each other?
    Have a nice day!♥
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You remind me so much of a flutterby my dear! Graceful and elegant, but always down to earth... you're such a special (and rare) combination!

    ReplyDelete

Run your Fingers
along those Keys
and with your tapping tender
Wisdom's word or
A Good retort,
Kind intender.

Just remember,
the Lord watches and Hears.