Sunday, October 16, 2011

Romania {Part 2}:Rose

The lovely Rose & myself. 
{a few notes first}

I have an admission to make: I've been procrastinating. As soon as I got off the plane, home & settled back into daily U.S. life again, the very thought of trying to collect together my stories, pictures, thoughts sent me crawling away mentally! That was because, even though I know in truth that my trip was only a mere 11 days (and there are much longer periods of time, for example years, that people go overseas for) ...to me, this trip was huge & very full. SO much happened! So many memories of faces, conversations, gestures, songs, words, scenes, and feelings are still...almost a month later...swirling in my mind.

Basically, I freaked myself out thinking that I needed sit down to write up a huge, long letter and blog post, showing all the pictures & detailing everything that happened, even down to the meals I ate! (I exaggerate things in my head too much sometimes...) and everything I learned, did, heard, saw and felt.

Now, while I'd still like to do that in a way, I'm going to do it differently: bit by bit. So if you'll be loving & patient with me, friends & family, I'll get all the important things out on paper (or screen) for you to read...but it's going to take me a little time. :)

{now onto the good stuff!}
    So to start, I'm going to highlight one of the neatest, loveliest things that happen to me on my trip. It's a pure example of God trying to make me smile with His love, and winning. :) That beautiful thing that happened is Rose. About one year ago, I was looking for new friends to follow on a book web world I'm a part of (called Shelfari) and I happened to come across this one girl's profile who immediately sounded like someone I would really be able to connect with. Her name was Rose. :) Turns out....she was Christian too, and near my age, and loves the United States as much as I love the country of Romania....which as it turned out, that's where she's from! 
We've been emailing, sharing books recommendations, and keeping in touch for about a year now often dreaming  together 'out loud' about "how neat it would be if we could meet someday!"
It was fun to imagine. :)

Little did Rose or I know....what God had in mind!
As soon as plans were confirmed for this mission trip to Romania, I emailed Rose with the news: I'd be in her home country very soon!!
   Ballistically excited, we tried to figure out how to meet up!  After a while, it didn't seem it was going to be easy to meet, since she lived some distance from the area were the team a& I were going to be. I almost gave up hope! :( But after some messaging, and and phone call (it was so amazing to hear my dear pen pal's voice for the first time!) things lined up. Rose took the train a whole 3+ hours to see me! We met up in Sinaia, and we had lunch together, walked around the town, and spent time talking. Her calm, sweet manner impressed me. :) Along with her beautiful English! And her HUGE love for Jesus. :)) The best part of her is her joy for God that radiates out of her.

   We were so lucky (blessed!) and Rose also got to spend the rest of the day with us all, and the night too, eating dinner and hearing our speaker & friends Becky Walsh, from Casa Shalom, talk. :) I don't really have words to describe just how fun it was, being with Rose! I wish she lived next door!

So, although my Romania friend, Rose had to leave early in the morning the next day, it wasn't before we got some good pictures together and had a chance to have some lovely conversations. I really cherish my time with her in my heart and thank the Lord for putting it all together for it to happen. :)

Rose,
I miss you already! And I hope and pray we will meet again someday!
God bless you abundantly over & over.
Love,
Your American sister,
~Hannah
Rose and my team members, Steve, Beth & Paul out walking before dinner.
Rose, surprised me by writing a blog post in response!
Go check out the rest of the story from her opinion
{Here}

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet.

    And so neat.

    And such a testimony of His faithfulness in your life.

    And I'm so jealous! When do WE meet? We live in the SAME country. Haha...

    I love these updates and know just how you feel about them...I always avoid them too! It's overwhelming.

    Good job!
    Everline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is a wonderful story!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! Just this afternoon, I was wondering when you were going to write some more about your Romania trip :-) That is so awesome that you two finally got to connect! When you've known someone for a long time in 2D, it's amazing when you can interact in 3D. An extra bonus on top of the trip as a whole! As a side note, I also just figured out that Rose is following my blog (I wonder how she found it?). Maybe I'll have to follow her back :{)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justabsolutelynothingbutpositively delightful. (oh, and you look so beautiful in that picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear more of your Romanian Trip and how wonderful that you and Rose were put in the Paths of each other via the Web and then in Person... I can see the Joy in your faces!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Run your Fingers
along those Keys
and with your tapping tender
Wisdom's word or
A Good retort,
Kind intender.

Just remember,
the Lord watches and Hears.